I can’t believe Thanksgiving is this week! Back in my single days, I’d be done with my Christmas shopping by now….sadly I’ve barely made a dent in my list this year. I’ve been online perusing ideas for gifts for the family. Of course the gifts that are the most fun to shop for are for the littles in my life. Now that my daughter is one and REALLY into toys, I’m finding myself looking at things that can grow with her a little bit so that she’s not bored with all of her gifts in a couple of months. She is also getting some diy/homemade gifts this year too, but I’ll share more on that later. Here is a list of my faves so far!
1. I really want to get Hollis a dollhouse eventually and I’m leaning towards one like this Melissa and Doug Dollhouse . It’s so classic and would suit a boy or girl. Some dollhouses are covered in so much pink and purple, it’s nice to get a break sometimes.
2. Our absolute favorite toy at our house is a play kitchen our cousins so nicely handed-down to us. When Hollis is a little bit older I’d like to upgrade her to one like this. I like the simple design and, again, it would be good for a boy or girl to play with.
3. Has anyone else seen these placemat/bowls?! They are a plate and placemat all-in-one made out of silicone. My favorite part is that they suction to the table so there is no slipping and/or plate dropping. I don’t know about anyone else, but a lot of plate
throwing dropping happens in our house.
4. and 5. I recently discovered Petit Collage and I love their toys and crafts. I love any toys that encourage imagination and creativity and their products definitely do that. The prices are very reasonable which make them great for gifts for all the kiddos in my life. These cute little woodland punch-out toys and memory game are adorable!
6. This little easel would entertain us for hours. One side is a chalkboard and the other side is a whiteboard. I love a good two-for-one deal!
7. If you ever get on Pinterest, then I’m sure you’ve seen an adorable teepee or two….or a hundred. Some of them are super expensive and some are amazingly diy’d. This one I found on amazon.com is a good mid-range option. (Although I still really want to make one!)
8. and 9. I love to get pj’s for Christmas. I think they make great gifts. Every kiddo needs a good set of jammies and they’re constantly growing out of them. (why won’t they stay tiny?…why?!) I keep trying to talk Hollis into stop growing, but she just refuses to listen to me. I will probably have a pair of pj’s or two under the tree for her every year! I especially love sets that she can wear all winter and not just around Christmas like this one and these.