Hope everyone had great Thanksgiving!
Ours was awesome, I think living away from your family makes you appreciate every minute with them even more. We traveled to Kansas City the Wednesday before, my plan was to come back the following Sunday. The weather here at home had other plans though. They had quite the little ice storm here so I ended up staying in KC until Tuesday because the roads here were just too icy to travel on. I grew up in the Midwest so driving in ice and snow is nothing new, but being pregnant apparently makes everyone question your driving capabilities! The good news is, I got to spend my birthday there and did some solid shopping. And by the time I got back here to the farm, the ice was almost completely gone!
While I was getting my shopping done, I mostly shopped for Christmas gifts (and some baby stuff too!) Picking out gifts for my family is no problem, but you know those awkward times when you need to buy a gift for someone you don’t know all that well? It could be a white elephant gift, a co-worker, a new neighbor, or an extended family member. This is where I hit a snag. I have a couple of gifts to buy for people that I just don’t know that well and it has been stumping me.
I love to buy gifts, but when it comes to people I don’t know very well, I tend to second guess myself. What if I buy a bottle of wine for someone who doesn’t drink? What if I buy a beautiful pink cardigan only to find out that the receiver of the cardigan HATES pink? What if I buy a cute little dog figurine for someone and find out they have a debilitating fear of dogs? These are the thoughts that run through my mind all of December! I know it’s the thought that counts, but I still don’t want to be known as the person who gives crappy gifts. So I decided to come up with some gifts that require little knowledge of the person receiving the gift.
2015 Holiday Gift Guide: For (almost) Anyone In Your Life
- Stumptown Coffee and Mast Brothers Chocolate Pairing Who doesn’t love coffee and chocolate?! I like this gift because it’s gender neutral and feels decadent.
- Fringe Colorblock Soap + Dish Set Everyone uses soap…I hope. And this simple gold and white dish would fit in with almost anyone’s decor, anytime of year.
- Ceramic Ring Holder How pretty are these ring holders?! I love gifts that are pretty AND practical. I don’t know any gal who wouldn’t appreciate one of these.
- Color-Cut Cake Stand Again, this falls under pretty and practical. I also love that this looks much more expensive than it is. It would be a great gift for anyone who likes to bake or entertain.
- Urban Cheesecraft: Mozzarella and Ricotta This would be great for the foodie in your life. Or anyone who loves cheese….which should be everyone!
- Branly Candle Holders So these may be a little too funky for some people. But they are so fun and would be great for anyone you know who has great style.
- Gold Cocktail Shaker + Strainer This classic style shaker is great for anyone who likes cocktails. Even if they already have a shaker, this one is pretty enough to leave out all the time.
- Just Add Color Adult coloring books are so popular right now. I love this mid-century modern one would appeal to guys, gals, young, and old.