So as many of you know, I had a baby…4 1/2 MONTHS AGO. What?! How is that possible? With my first baby, I fully expected to snap back to my pre-pregnancy weight at this point. Breastfeed they said. The weight will fall off they said.
No. Just no. That did not happen.
For some reason I’m one of those lucky women who packs on the pounds while breastfeeding. The weight just sticks like glue no matter what I eat or how often I exercise. After I’m done, things seem to pretty much go back to normal with a little work. This second time around, I already anticipated this problem so it has been annoying, but much less traumatic than the first time around. I don’t plan on weaning baby boy until around 12 months, so in the meantime, I’m stuck dressing this body the best I can.
Most days I live in my stereotypical “mom gear”. Yoga pants and a t-shirt are pretty much my uniform if I’m not leaving the house. I try to step it up a little when I actually encounter people other than my children. Since we are going on vacation in a couple of weeks, I would like to find a weeks worth of things that are a break from my ho-hum, everyday look. We are heading to Colorado and will be stopping at a lot of parks and outdoor attractions, so I want to stay cool and comfortable. I am trying to buy pieces that are a little more forgiving and that I can wear now and when I eventually (hopefully) lose some weight.
- Poncho blouse. Fitted tees are no longer my friends right now. I’m all about flowy, breezy tops that keep me cool and still look pretty and put together.
- Kimono Romper. I must admit, I am super late to the romper/jumpsuit trend. I’ve never own one…well at least not since I was 10. I like that this is just one item to pack and still a complete outfit.
- Pink Crepe Pants. I love this pale pink for summer. And I love me an elastic band right now.
- Floral Wrap Dress. Midi and maxi dresses are just the best. Shorts aren’t always my favorite, especially post baby, so I reach for dresses a lot in the warm months.
- Gauzy Tunic. Tunics are great all year long. They look good with shorts, jeans, leggings, etc. I like this light, gauzy material for summer.
- Jumpsuit. Again, I’m new to the jumpsuit, but this one looks so comfy and effortless.
- Striped crop pant. These lightweight, cropped pants are so easy to wear. The drawstring waist doesn’t hurt either.
- Colorblock Maxi. I hope the maxi dress never goes out of style. I don’t know what I will do. I love throwing on an easy dress and being done.
- Crochet Trim Blouse. I don’t know how I lived so long without some good, flowy tops in my wardrobe. As easy as a t-shirt, but looks a lot more polished. Bonus points if it’s something I can nurse in easily!
Still have a few items to get, but this post has me excited to start packing. Bring on vacation!